I got behind on posting updates here, but I’ve been getting a lot of writing done on Medium. (Follow me there.) As my own writing evolves, I continue to focus on effective communication, but I’m also branching out into other areas of interest. This blog is, therefore, more and more focusing on my work as a writer in general. Accordingly, I will start including here links to things other than just communication-related posts, but I will use subheads to help you find the things you are most interested in.
Here is the index post of Medium articles I’ve posted through February—or at least the ones connected to effective communication. I’ll catch up on March a little later. If you would like to see all of my Medium articles, you can find them here.
- What I learned when my son died
- When you don’t know what to say, it’s important to say it
- Preserve ideas long enough to nurture or kill them
- A tale of two service experiences
- How stage fright helped my writing fears
- Until emotions are expressed, they aren’t fully felt
- Getting through the learning curve
- Conquer constant interruptions
- When neighborhoods become homeowners associations
- Love your introvert/extrovert
- Redeeming the dream
- We are haunted, but not by ghosts
- Are you in danger from ‘professional mode’?
- A clue for life: what do you keep coming back to?
That catches up all of January and February. I’ll catch up March before Friday.
Long-time readers (and there are several of you out there—thank you!) know that I have gone through periods of not posting much. You might think that I’ve just gone through one of those and that it’s related to the loss of my son, which is the last thing I wrote about here.
You would be partly right.
On the other hand, you would be very wrong, and I need to update you, therefore. Continue reading “Speaking Impact: Changing because life changed”