Here are some resources to help you with your quest for effective communication.
Works by Donn King
- Managing Speech Anxiety will help you harness the energy that anxiety represents and turn it into something useful.
- Working with YouTube Captions is a “white paper” that walks you through the process of using YouTube’s automatic captioning service, including how to edit the results or supply your own transcript.
Works from others
Most of the following are classics in the public domain, some of which have been formatted courtesy of colleagues.
- Acres of Diamonds by Russell Conwell is a transcript of a famous lecture, the proceeds of which financed the beginnings of Temple University.
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen.
- How to Write a Speech by Edward Hegarty has been surpassed by the insights of modern research, and yet still includes solid advice that still applies today.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill is a classic motivation and self-help book that, in many ways, created the genre.